|Welcome to our new online store.
Anvils in America
by Richard Postman
Anvils in America is THE book that created the 21st century global anvil collectors market!
Anvils in America is THE only book including an in-depth history of anvils made and imported into North America.
Anvils in America is THE only book including anvil serial numbers of various North American manufacturers.
There is no other book like it.
This book is huge! (11¼ x 8½ x 1½ inches and almost 5 pounds!).
When I first ordered this book
I thought it was a little pricey but after getting my hands on it I realized that it was worth as much as any of the $200 engineering references I have bought from ASM!
- anvilfire guru
564 pages of text and graphics on 70# Sterling Litho Satin paper.
Over 770 illustrations of which almost 300 are photographs.
Anvils in America is printed and hard bound (sewn) in the United States and has a full color slip cover (shown).
If you are a tool collector, blacksmith, antiquarian, auctioneer or just interested in anvils, this is a must have book.
All the copies we ship are signed by the author exclusively for us.
Misconceptions about AIA:
- AIA is NOT a rare out of print book.
- Our price is the publishers list price.
- You will only see lower prices listed by people who also list the book as "out of stock". Its a cheat.
- There is no later or second edition. The original edition is in its 7th printing (totaling some 10,000 books).
- YES, there was 1,000 numbered copies printed and sold. Most are personally inscribed to the buyer.
There are no new numbered copies.
AIA and AIA bundles ship by Priority Mail for $15.00,
North Carolina customers pay local sales tax.
DEMPSEYS FORGE, 4714 Granite Trail, Boonville, NC 27011 - 336-367-3499
ABOUT US |